All the budding astrologers want to make it big someday. But it’s not enough to just study and have a thorough knowledge of astrology. Do you want more clients coming at your door asking for predictions? Do you want to be known as an amazing astrologer? Then make efforts and market yourself!
It’s easy to make excuses or procrastinate but to be successful, you have to take action. Here are 40 ways to market your astrology business in order to be successful:
Marketing Strategies for the Virtual World
1. The first step is to build an astrology website. You can start with a simple professionally designed website or even with a free wordpress blog will do.
2. Make a Facebook page to share great astrology articles, insights, tips, remedies and to build a community of prospective clients and interested people.
3. Start an astrology blog and post your insights and knowledge. You can also post free generalized predictions every month on your blog.
4. Set up a Google+ page to share your astrology updates and blog posts.Google+ is an effective social media tool for visibility.
5. Create an e-newsletter with generalized predictions for the week or month for each zodiac sign. You can ask the readers of your blog to subscribe for the newsletter.
6. Set up an affiliate program on your website so that your existing clients and others can receive a commission for referring clients to you.
7. Network with people in allied sciences like numerology, palmistry, tarot reading etc. and you can request them for referrals. You can return the favour by doing the same for them.
8. Write an eBook on astrology which you can offer for free on your blog or site.
9. Offer your services on discount on a group buy website like Groupon or sell your services through fiverr. You may get a few clients through these sites.
10. Offer a free reading to a popular blogger in lieu of a review on their blog if they like it. You can also offer a free reading as a giveaway on some popular blog. The giveaways can be announced on your own blog too.
11. Request your regular clients for testimonials and share them on your blog and website.
12. Make a YouTube channel where you can share videos of some astrology tips, your clients’ testimonials and general predictions etc. Almost all the renowned astrologers run their own successful channels with a massive audience.
13. Announce special astrology readings for special occasions of the year like a Love Reading for Valentine’s Day or a New Year special for the start of the year. The same can be done during the major transits of the year.
14. Have clarity on your astrology readings/services page, e.g. “Buy Now” or “Book a report”. The payment methods should be easy and convenient.
15. Offer a bonus reading with your astrology report by offering a brief numerology sketch or gems report.
16. Write a guest post for another similar blog and include your website link in the profile.
17. Offer a free webinar or announce a skype session on your blog/facebook page and share your knowledge and your services.
18. Offer astrology reading gift vouchers on your website.
19. Set up google adsense and paid advertising on your website and blog for added revenue. This added revenue can help in paying up the costs for running your website.
20. Make sure to leave insightful comments on other people’s astrology blogs to increase your presence.
Marketing Strategies for the Real World
1. Astrology postcards with your details printed on the back are a great promotional tool. Leave them in random locations like a hotel reception, at a salon, at the local park etc.
2. Get eye-catching business cards printed and hand it out to every new person you meet.
3. Posters containing the details of your astrology business should be pasted at the local shops, temples, booths etc.
4. Offer 5 minute astrology readings for free at your local cafe or park etc. and hand out your business cards for more in-depth analysis.
5. Take out a small, cost-effective ad in your local newspaper.
6. Join local groups with people from varied backgrounds and attend regular networking events.
7. Join your local astrologers’ association.
8. Put up an advertising banner/hoarding in front of your house.
9. Post ads on free listing sites like OLX or quikr.
10. Set up a stall at the local fairs as they attract quite a crowd.
11. Request your friends and family to promote your astrology business.
12. Get a beautiful logo designed for your astrology business.
13. Use at least a few customer testimonials on all of your marketing materials like flyers, posters etc.
14. Get in touch with your local newspapers or magazines to find out if you can write weekly/monthly horoscopes for them.
15. Create a special astrology reading event for kitty groups. You can do free, quick generalized readings and hand out your business cards if they want an in-depth horoscope analysis.
16. Offer your current customers a referral bonus, e.g. refer a friend and get 25% or 50% off their next horoscope analysis.
17. Get your phone number listed at the local yellow pages under the specific category.
18. Offer to give mini astrology readings for free at sales events at local malls.
19. Be authentic and show passion for astrology. Don’t give every expensive or complicated astrology remedies to your clients.
20. Network, network, network!
Every business takes time and efforts to establish. Astrology is no different. It is important to be proactive and persistent in order to be successful. Don’t get disheartened if you don’t get the desired response in the beginning. Remember that patience and persistence is the key to be successful at any venture.
It ‘s very important to market yourself with a vengeance to make your presence felt. But at the same time, it’s even more important to be good at what you do. Keep updating your astrology skills. Study more and attend seminars from renowned astrologers to hone your astrological predictions. ‘Word of mouth’ publicity is the best.
© 2016 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved