Entrance of the home is the place from where energies, either positive or negative, enter and exit a house. This is why Vastu Shastra gives great importance to the main entrance of the home.
The main entrance is the mouth of the house which brings in outside energies which if positive, will make the residents prosper and vice versa. Here are certain do’s and don’ts regarding the main entrance of the home:
- Avoid a house with South-West facing entrance as it brings struggles and misfortunes. If your house already has a door facing South West, fix two Hanuman ji’s tiles (with the Gada in his left hand) outside the door.
- The entrance facing South-East is said to bring in illness, anger and court matters. Two stickers of Gayatri Mantra should be fixed on both the sides of the door from outside to counter this defect.
- Entrance facing West brings in active energy & energy of enjoyment. That is why in Japan, Geisha houses are always facing West.
- Generally entrances facing East, North, North East are said to be good.
- The main entrance of the house should be larger than the other doors entering the house.
- A two shuttered main door opening inside and clockwise is auspicious.
- It is advisable to have two main doors in a home, one for entry and another for exit having two and one shutters respectively. Exit door should be smaller than the entrance door.
- It is good to decorate the house’s entrance with auspicious signs such as OM or the Swastika.
- The main entrance door should not be slanted, sliding, or circular.
- There should not be any underground tank, septic tank, or canal under the main entrance.
- There should not be any abandoned, wrecked buildings in front of the main entrance.
- Don’t keep garbage or dustbin near the main entrance as they emit negative energy.
- Avoid the main entrance facing intersecting roads.
- The main door should not be situated facing directly the main door of another house.
- Main door should have threshold as it avoids loss of wealth.
- Shoes should not be kept in front of the door, but to the side.
- There should be no obstructions in front of Main Door such as staircase, big trees etc.
- Avoid temples or any other religious place directly in-front of main entrance.
- Have a beautiful name plate on the entrance of the home as this attracts prosperity, wealth and happiness.
© 2016 Shaloo Walia All rights reserved